Workplace Injuries

Workplace Personal Injury Lawyer

Serving Minneapolis / St. Paul and Surrounding Areas

If you’ve been injured in the workplace, you’ve probably been told that the only compensation you can receive will come from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. Although this is the general rule, there are many exceptions — situations in which you may be able to sue for damages caused by your injuries. For example:

  • If your injury was caused by a defective product, you may be able to bring a products liability action against the manufacturer of the product;
  • If your injury was due to intentional or egregious conduct by your employer, you may be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against your employer.
  • If your employer does not carry workers’ compensation insurance, you may be able to sue your employer in civil court or collect money from a state fund.
  • If your injury was caused by a third party, you might be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against that person or company.

Worker’s compensation can provide money and benefits to an injured worker, however temporary disability and permanent disability payments are usually quite low and do not compensate the worker for damages like pain and suffering. Workers’ compensation also does not allow you to ask for damages to punish an employer for dangerous conditions or lack of appropriate safety measures. As an injured employee, it if important for you to understand your rights to bring a case outside of the workers’ compensation system.

If you, or a loved one, have been injured in the workplace, contact the Joseph A. Larson Law Firm PLLC today. Your initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to accept your case, we will work on a contingent fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary award or recovery of funds on your behalf. You may have a valid claim and be entitled to compensation for your injuries, but a lawsuit must be filed before the legal deadline, or the statute of limitations, expires.

To schedule a free analysis of your claim, call (612) 206-3704.

Follow Us On Twitter